Receive up-to-the-minute news updates on the hottest topics with NewsHub. Install now.

Kuwait’s non-oil exports shrink 21% in May

July 10, 2018 1:28 PM
2 0
Kuwait’s non-oil exports shrink 21% in May

Mubasher: Kuwait’s non-oil exports registered a decline of 21% in May 2018 compared to the same month last year, according to a report by the trade and industry ministry of Kuwait.

Non-oil exports shrank to KWD 8.05 million ($26.66 million) in May 2018 from KWD 10.19 million ($33.75 million) in May 2017, the report added.

On a monthly basis, Kuwait’s non-oil exports declined by 9.1% compared to KWD 8.86 million ($29.34 million) in April.

The Arab countries acquired the largest amount of Kuwait’s non-oil exports by 54% or KWD 4.31 million, while the remaining countries acquired 46% or KWD 5.54 million of total non-oil exports.

Iraq topped the list of countries importing from Kuwait, with a total of 24% of exports to the Arab states.

Lebanon came in the second place with 23% or KWD 998,000, followed by Jordan with 20% or KWD 864,000.

Source: english.mubasher.info

Share in social networks:

Comments - 0